Chairman, Mauldin Economics | President, Mauldin Solutions, LLC
John is a visionary thinker, a noted financial expert, a New York Times best-selling author, a pioneering online commentator, and the publisher of one of the first publications to provide investors with free, unbiased information and guidance—Thoughts from the Frontline.
When investors, financial professionals, and discerning citizens need a big-picture view of what’s going on in the economy, they turn to John Mauldin. And for good reason. John has dedicated more than 30 years to keeping people informed about financial risk.
Thoughts from the Frontline began as John’s way of sharing his thoughts with a few associates. Some 16 years later, it is one of the most widely read investment newsletters in the world. From his warning of an impending recession in 2000, to a polemic on the Obamacare “death spiral” in 2016, John has blazed his own trail as one of the most respected macroeconomic minds in the field.
He publishes Thoughts from the Frontline through Mauldin Economics, of which he is Chairman. Mauldin Economics publishes a growing number of investing resources, including both free and paid publications aimed at helping investors thrive in today's challenging economy.
John is also President of Mauldin Solutions, LLC, an investment advisory firm registered with multiple states; and President and a registered principal of Mauldin Securities, LLC, member FINRA-SIPC.
Together with Mauldin Economics, John proudly hosts the Strategic Investment Conference, an annual gathering of some of the world’s most brilliant economists and analysts. Thanks to its blue-ribbon lineup of past speakers and growing reputation as an incubator of forward-thinking investment strategies, the SIC is fast becoming one of the most hotly anticipated economic events of the year.
Additionally, John’s books have appeared on the New York Times best-seller list four times. His current book count (because he always has at least one more in the works) is six:
- Bull's Eye Investing: Targeting Real Returns in a Smoke and Mirrors Market
- Endgame: The End of the Debt Supercycle and How It Changes Everything
- Code Red: How to Protect Your Savings from the Coming Crisis
- A Great Leap Forward? Making Sense of China's Cooling Credit Boom, Technological Transformation, High Stakes Rebalancing, Geopolitical Rise, & Reserve Currency Dream
- Just One Thing: Twelve of the World's Best Investors Reveal the One Strategy You Can't Overlook
- The Little Book of Bull's Eye Investing: Finding Value, Generating Absolute Returns and Controlling Risk in Turbulent Markets
John is a frequent speaker at conferences around the world and is a sought-after contributor to numerous financial publications, as well as a regular guest on TV and radio.
He currently lives in Dallas, Texas and is the proud father of seven children, five of whom are adopted.